Nellie Nichols – Food Consultant
An acclaimed expert within the Food Industry who has been listed as one of the top 10 women in that sector by the national press. An effective leader and ‘hands-on’ manager of people, achieving success by developing and engaging her team.
Commercially driven to achieve both customer and corporate objectives. Nellie has the unique ability to innovatively develop and upgrade products and recipes whilst maintaining a strong commercial perspective.
Running her own consultancy since 2004 after she left Pret as Head of Food for the second time, Nellie has worked in the UK as well as throughout Europe and globally in the States, South Korea and Kuwait for a wide range of companies in retail and manufacture across all food types in chilled, ambient and frozen.
As such a reputable and independent food consultant of many years standing Nellie is frequently asked to comment on global food issues both on television, including BBC News and numerous radio stations. These are all available on this website to listen to.
Her clients include amongst many others:
Pret A Manger, Marks & Spencer, Leon Restaurants, Wagamama, Greencore, GU, Vital Ingredient, Starbucks, Corney & Barrow, Bord Bia, The Norwegian Seafood Council, Fernandez & Wells, Caffe Nero, Bakkavor, Moy Park, Honi Poke and Slimfast.
Categories include Food To Go, Fast Casual Dining, Ready Meals, Bakery, Desserts, Seafood, Meat, Drinks, Health, Free From and Gut Health.
- New Product and recipe development
- Sourcing and buying
- Recipe testing
- Range refreshing
- Concept development and feasibility
- Menu and range optimisation
- Competitor reviews and bench-marking
- Food trends and market analysis
- Factory trials and first productions
- Food photography art direction
- Finding specialist suppliers
- Value engineering in manufacturing processes
- Value engineering in product without compromise in quality
- Packaging sourcing, solutions and design
- Food website design and content
- Food development recruitment, training and mentoring
- Tailored food culture programmes (UK and abroad)
- Company wide food education programmes
- Food writing (articles, reviewing, packaging copy)
- Mystery Shopper
Delighted to be asked to comment on KFC operational issues on the BBC News channel.
Nellie talking to BBC ESSEX about how the Coronavirus is affecting Chinese restaurants.