Nellie Nichols – Food Consultant
An acclaimed expert within the Food Industry who has been listed as one of the top 10 women in that sector by the national press. An effective leader and ‘hands-on’ manager of people, achieving success by developing and engaging her team.
Commercially driven to achieve both customer and corporate objectives. Nellie has the unique ability to innovatively develop and upgrade products and recipes whilst maintaining a strong commercial perspective.
Running her own consultancy since 2004 after she left Pret as Head of Food for the second time, Nellie has worked in the UK as well as throughout Europe and globally in the States, South Korea and Kuwait for a wide range of companies in retail and manufacture across all food types in chilled, ambient and frozen.
As such a reputable and independent food consultant of many years standing Nellie is frequently asked to comment on global food issues both on television, including BBC News and numerous radio stations. These are all available on this website to listen to.
Her clients include amongst many others:
Pret A Manger, Marks & Spencer, Leon Restaurants, Starbucks UK, Starbucks Poland, Caffe Nero, Black Sheep, THIS, Knoops, Krispy Kreme, Wagamama, Greencore, GU, Hello Fresh, Potage, Corney & Barrow, Bord Bia, The Norwegian Seafood Council, Baker & Baker, Bakkavor, Moy Park, Honi Poke, Slimfast, Lantmännen Unibake, Délifrance, The Big Prawn Co, Natures Way Foods, Fernandez & Wells, Vital Ingredient.
Categories include Food To Go, Fast Casual Dining, Ready Meals, Bakery, Desserts, Seafood, Meat, Drinks, Health, Free From and Gut Health.
- New Product Development
- Value Optimisation in product and manufacturing processes without undermining the integrity of the product
- TV and Radio work (fully media trained) including BBC, ITV, ITN, Channel Four and various radio stations
- Fresh pair of eyes on range and menu architecture to increase sales and reduce waste
- Concept kitchen development and feasibility
- Food trends and market analysis
- Factory trials and launches
- Food photography art direction working with many leading photographers and food stylists
- Extensive knowledge of supplier base across all food categories and ingredients
- Packaging sourcing, solutions and design
- Complete food website design, writing and content working including technical specialist
- Food development recruitment training and mentoring
- Hands on bespoke food culture programmes for teams in UK and abroad
- Food tours UK and abroad to learn new cuisines and to specifically look at key products
- Company-wide team building food education programmes
- Food writing (articles, pack copy, reviewing, websites)
- Marketing services
- Mystery Shopper Visits
A Channel 4 documentary featuring Nellie Nichols. Read more about it on the Press page.
A pleasure as always to comment for the BBC on the current issue of food shortages.
Delighted to be asked to comment on KFC operational issues on the BBC News channel.
Commenting on ITV News on Nando’s closures due to chicken shortage.
I was delighted to contribute to The Sunday Times article on McDonald’s post pandemic growth.
Nellie talks to BBC ESSEX about the reduction in VAT given to the UK hospitality industry by the Chancellor following Covid-19 outbreak.
Nellie talking to BBC ESSEX about how the Coronavirus is affecting Chinese restaurants.